As we all hit 2016, many of us will have been thinking about setting objectives and planning for our success over the next 12 months or even longer. Well I have spent some time thinking about this too, both personally and for EAL Consult.. So here is what is on our Top 10 list of things to do in 2016.
It will be interesting to see how ours compare to what you may be looking to do. Please do let us know by commenting below and sharing your suggestions too.
OUR TOP 10 – in no particular order!
- If you keep doing what you are doing you will always get what you have got! – Build on what we have already successfully achieved and focus on your strengths.
- Feel, Felt, Found – We want to hear more about other professionals’ sustainable building experiences, news and views. If you don’t ask you don’t get!
- Improve or remove – Continue to develop our knowledge and keep up to date with industry changes and trends. You can always learn something new.
- Information share – We want to help others in their journey to success so we will be delivering CPD seminars on Sustainability, Energy efficiency in buildings, Part L and Part G throughout the year. Look out for more news on this and dates in your local area.
- If you haven’t got news, make news – Create new ways to generate interest in designing and constructing sustainable buildings
- Go, seek and be seen in the right places – We plan to attend various events and exhibitions both in the UK and internationally, including Ecobuild London, Greenbuild Annual Conference & Expo Los Angeles, The European Conference on Sustainability, Energy & the Environment 2016 in Brighton, Sustainable City 2016 Alicante Spain. Would be good to meet like minded professionals there!
- You never know who the people in the room know – Grow our networks from contacts within the sustainable and building industries and beyond. Ask for introductions to key influential people across our UK and International BNI networks, including BNI Fortune London.
- No speako the lingo – Simplifying the sustainable jargon #customer service. Let’s keep it plain and simple to understand.
- Together we stand…… – Write more articles and blogs to feature on LinkedIn and EAL Consult website, on exciting and interesting sustainable buildings, technologies, building terms and Women in Business in Construction WIBIC.
- Keep close to you – Tweet, tweet and more importantly RETWEET other professionals’ tweets from our Twitter page @energyoracle. Follow us to see what will happen.
May I take this opportunity to wish you a successful and prosperous 2016 and any tips and advice you would like to add, please do so as we will be happy to share these for you too.