Property refurbishment is a great opportunity to reduce escalating energy costs, meet minimum energy efficiency standard (MEES) and improve the health and well-being of workers. EAL Consult provides specialist guidance and advice on how to achieve high levels of energy efficiency for commercial and non-domestic properties.
Our expert team provides energy and sustainability consultancy to support every stage of the process.
- Zoom meeting with project team.
- Initial appraisal of current energy performance and sustainability of the property.
- Explore the refurbishment brief and target EPC rating.
- Consider Building Regulations Part L for the likely energy efficiency and energy performance compliance.
- Look at renewable technologies and suggest ways to integrate them into the design.
- Refer to the London Plan 2021 to reduce water use, waste, improve air quality and biodiversity.
- Discuss alternative materials to reduce impact on carbon footprint.
- Plan an energy and sustainability strategy considering the age of the building and any other advantages or constraints.
- SBEM calculations detailing the improvements and predicted EPC rating.
- U-value calculations for thermal insulation.
- Building energy and thermal modelling.
- Renewable technology consultancy.
- Construction guidance document for the heating, glazing and insulation solutions.
- Biodiversity and urban greening advice.
- Sustainable materials advice.
- Ongoing advice and consultancy throughout the construction process.
- Up to three sets of additional SBEM calculations, if required.
- Arrange inspection of the property by a qualified, government-approved energy assessor.
- Lodge the updated EPC with the Landmark Information Group government approved database.
- Deliver the EPC to as an email attachment within 3-5 working days.