Property refurbishment is a great opportunity to reduce escalating energy costs, improve the health and well-being of residents and combat climate change. EAL Consult provides specialist guidance and advice on how to achieve high levels of energy efficiency with a Low Carbon Home.
Our expert team provides energy and sustainability consultancy to support every stage of the project.
- Zoom meeting between you, your architect and EAL Consult team
- Initial appraisal of current energy performance and sustainability of the property
- Explore the refurbishment brief and sustainability goals.
- Consider Building Regulations Part L for the likely energy efficiency and energy performance of the plans.
- Look at renewable technologies and suggest ways to integrate them into the plans.
- Refer to the new London Plan 2021 for ways to reduce water use, waste, improve air quality and biodiversity.
- Discuss environmentally friendly building materials and impact on carbon footprint.
- Plan an energy and sustainability strategy considering the age of the building and any other advantages or constraints.
- SAP calculations detailing the improvements and predicted energy performance ratings, EPC.
- U-value calculations for thermal insulation.
- Energy and thermal modelling for the heating, glazing and insulation solutions.
- Construction guidance document including U-values and renewable technology specification.
- Produce a create a clear and precise tender document for contractors.
- Ongoing advice and consultancy throughout the construction process.
- Up to three sets of additional SAP calculations, if required.
- Biodiversity support.
- Sustainable materials advice.
- Arrange inspection of the property by a qualified, government-approved energy assessor.
- Lodge the updated EPC with the Landmark Information Group government approved database.
- Deliver the EPC to as an email attachment within 3-5 working days.