What is ESOS?
ESOS is the latest energy efficiency EU legislation which requires member states to impose a mandatory programme of energy audits for ‘large enterprises’. This means over 7000 of Britain’s biggest companies will be required to comply – with the initial audits to be undertaken by 5th December 2015.
Large organisations of 250 or more employees or a turnover in excess of €42M will be required to review total energy use from their business operations, including building energy use, transport energy use
and industrial processes.
As the person in charge of energy management you are responsible for the calculation of the amount of energy used per employee, and you would then be in a position to identify potential measures that could save energy and money for your organisation.
Here are 5 fun facts!
- ESOS is here: We’re already in Phase1.
- It’s mandatory: If ESOS applies to you, you’ve got to comply.
- Investment is minimal: Compared to the potential energy spend.
- Act quickly: Start the process NOW and profit from the benefits before your competitors do.
- Maximum ROI: Implementing the right improvements can turn your ESOS compliance into a nice little earner (actually, not so little)