Skip to main content


efficiency is what we're all about

Call - 020 8930 5668

020 8930 5668 menu search

Builders/Gas Engineers - Building Regulations require an EPC

Energy Oracle


As you will see below builders need to be aware that when carrying out works including adding a wall or opening up two rooms into one, or changes to the thermal elements including installing a new boiler, air conditioning systems or mechanical ventilation will need to ensure an energy performance certificate is carried out and given to the local buliding control officer

Buiding Regulations L1B Section

Energy Performance Certificates - Regulations 29

(1) This regulation applies where -

(a) building is erected; or

(b) a building is modified so that it has a greater or fewer number of parts designed or altered for separate use than it previously had,  where the modification includes the provision or extension of any of the fixed services for heating , hot water, air conditioning for mechanical ventilation..

(2) The carrying out the workshall -

(a)  give an energy performance certificate for the building to the owner of the building; and

(b) give to the local authority notice to that effect, including the reference number under which the energy performance certificate has been registered in accordance with regulation 17F(4)